Awards International have announced the winners of the Gulf Real Estate Awards 2017. The final ceremony took place at Jumeirah Beach Hotel on 17th of April. Presented by HE Sultan Butti Bin Mejren, Director General of Dubai Land Department, this event gathered the leading experts in the industry from across the region.
Gulf Real Estate Awards promotes Excellence across the Region
As the UAE aims to become a global leader in innovation, modern technology, and sustainable living, the government recognised the Gulf Real Estate Awards as a programme that promotes excellence and best practice in the real estate business. The event was supported by the Dubai Land Department which shows its compatibility with the highest standards set by the UAE leadership.
Mark Hamill, Managing Director for Awards International UAE commented:
– It’s important professionals have one stand out event giving all companies, big and small, an equal chance of recognition. Having a fully transparent awards process makes this event special – knowing you’ve beaten the best on merit alone does wonders for individuals and companies. The scale on which the real estate sector has embraced these awards has been fantastic, bringing huge credibility to our finalists and winners. A massive thanks to all our judges, sponsors, and especially Dubai Land Department, for making this an event that really matters.
Judging process, Categories and Winners
The first day of the event was reserved for presentations of the finalists. The organisers ensured that the most respected professionals and government representatives decide on which companies get the awards. After being presented with 110 Entries, 66 finalist companies in 20 categories, the Independent Judging Panels picked the following winners:
- Best Real Estate Project (Affordable Housing) – Dar Wa Emaar Real Estate Investment & Development Company – Dar Wa Emaar Rahba & Nouras 3 Project
- Best Real Estate Project (Luxury Residential) – Al Barari Firm Management LLC – Oasis In The Desert
- Best Real Estate Project (Hotel) – Enshaa Palazzo Versace Dubai
- Best Real Estate Project (Commercial Offices) – Hopkins Architects -The Offices One, One Central, Phase 1A2
- Best Real Estate Project (Commercial – Retail) – Al Mouj Muscat – “The Walk” – Retail
- Best Real Estate Project (Master Development) -DAMAC Properties – DAMAC Hills
- Best Real Estate Brokerage Firm – Aqua properties – Skycourts – Affordable Homes
- Best Real Estate Developer – Customer Experience – P.K. Properties – P.K. Properties, P.K. Holidays
- Best Real Estate Developer – Sustainable “Green” Development – Diamond Developers – Sustainable City project
- Best Use of Technology (Smart Project) – KLEINDIENST – “The Heart of Europe” part of the ”The World Dubai” project
- Most Innovative Real Estate Marketing Campaign – SPF Realty – Viridian at the Fields
- Best Facility Management Firm – Emaar Community Management
- Best Mortgage Product – National Bonds Corporation – Casa Familia and Casa Flores (Phase 2 & 3 Green Community Motor City)
- Best Owners Association Management Firm – Luxury Owner Association Management Services Co. LLC (LOAMS)
- Best Real Estate Portal – Emaar Community Management – Connecting residents, improving lives
- Best Employer in Real Estate – KAIZEN Asset Management Services
- Happiest Community – Diamond Developers -The Sustainable City
- Media and Communications – Property Time
- Best Real Estate Registration Trustee – Tamleek Real Estate Registration Trustee
- Best Architecture Company – Binghatti Developers
Best Overall Winner – Enshaa – Palazzo Versace Dubai (Highest Score across all Entries)
The range of categories clearly illustrates that Awards International and the Dubai Land Department wanted to engage companies from across the Real Estate Ecosystem.
Winners – Highlights
Enshaa PSC, real estate developer, and leading hospitality service provider, was presented with two awards at this year’s Gulf Real Estate Awards.
- Best Real Estate Project (Palazzo Versace Dubai),
- Best Overall in Real Estate
Commenting on the awards, Raza Jafar, CEO of Enshaa PSC, said:
– We are honored to have received awards for the ‘Best Real Estate Project’ and ‘Best Overall in Real Estate’ and I would like to offer my sincerest gratitude to the Dubai Land Department, the Gulf Real Estate Awards and the expert judging panel for this recognition. If you look at Enshaa PSC and our developments overall, you will see that we are constantly striving for excellence. These prestigious industry awards are not the only testament to Palazzo Versace Dubai’s ability to set new standards of luxury living in the region, but also serve as encouragement for us to continue striving for the type of excellence that is central to all of our developments.
Another big name in the real estate world, DAMAC Properties wins Best Real Estate Project – Master Development and Best Owners Association Management Firm at GULF Real Estate Awards.
- DAMAC Hills, a 42-million- square-foot flagship integrated golf community project, was recognized as the Best Real Estate Project – Master Development.
- Luxury Owners Association Management Services (LOAMS), one of DAMAC’s facilities management arms, scooped the Best Owners Association Management Firm award.
Niall McLoughlin, Senior Vice President of DAMAC Properties expressed his excitement for the double-winning:
– We are extremely delighted with the recognition at the Gulf Real Estate Awards 2017. It is leading industry awards like these that are testament to our continuous success and drive for best practice and excellence and this incredible achievement reaffirms our pioneering role in luxury real estate development as well as community management.
From a judge’s perspective
Judges were chosen both from the government and private sectors. When asked what he thinks of the importance of such an event in the region, Mohammad Shadi Hamwi, CEO at First Art Engineering Consultancy and one of the judges said:
– As well as enriching Dubai’s reputation as a sector hub and an embodiment of the vision of its leadership, we also need to motivate those working in the industry to do better and give the public confidence that they can look forward to better quality service.
Furthermore, Rob Jackson, Managing Director at Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, MENA Region and also a judge at the first Gulf Real Estate Awards pointed out that the real estate sector has great opportunities for future progress:
– We’re certainly seeing opportunities arising in Dubai as a result of the government’s Smart City vision. Dubai has a young population that is very device and smart technology savvy. In the workspace, we’re seeing more appetite for smart technology to be used; as a result, more developers are including these technologies and innovative workplace environments at the design stage – perhaps more so than anywhere else in the world.
About Awards International
Awards International in Dubai is a branch of the already well-established UK-based company. With a rich experience in organising business awards programmes and appointing carefully selected independent judges. This gives all Awards International programmes credibility, demonstrating a massive positive impact for all of those participating.